Saturday, April 7, 2012

Decoliner. WOW...This Is a Piece of Work

This is a little different than my other posts, since it is featuring someone else's project. But when I happened onto this, it sort of gave me a little boost. Randy Grubb is a fantastic artist from Oregon and has built several custom vehicles including this one...The Decoliner.


Here's a short video of Randy being interviewed and a ride in the Decoliner.....





The Concept on Paper....


He began with a 1973 GMC motorhome



Took a 1955 White COE cab for the front cab













5000 hours and lots of elbow grease and you get this!


You can even drive it from the top!





Notice all the rear windows.

All I can say is, He's one talented guy. One helluva artist!!!

Here's another vehicle that caught my eye......



I don't know the story on this one. Just thought the guy did a very nice job.


Wish I had some more pics of this one. The guy took an airstream travel trailer and grafted it onto the Ford COE cab.





I like the way the crew cab section is a little larger than the original cab on this one. I don't know what kind of truck he used for the extension part of the cab. He did a great job though.

There are some people out there that put a lot of money and time into a project. I really enjoy seeing really nice work and only hope that the work I do measures up to some degree. I don't have the metal working skill that Mr. Grubb possesses, so I'll have to figure out some other techniques to get some of my intended results, but hopefully I'll be successful.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of some really nice sculpture and art.

Until next time......

Overthehump











No comments:

Post a Comment