Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fast & Furious............TRIP!!

I just got back from picking up the 1941 Chevy COE (cabover engine) and it was one looooonng, faaast trip. I left Monday morning and drove to Lincoln, Ne which was 792 miles for that day.

Going through the Oklahoma panhandle I passed through Hooker, Ok. Here's their gift shop

Special gift shop for Hooker's residents

Tyrone was the next town down the road....Hmmmm???

Tuesday I drove from Lincoln, to Plattsmouth, Ne to pick the truck up at Jake's (the guy I bought the truck from) house. Jake had to work and he couldn't meet me so I was on my own. I guess he trusted me after talking to me on the phone because he asked me to leave the money in the glove box of a black Honda that was next to the truck. He had left the title in the glove box so the paper work was done.

Preparing to load the truck. 

Truck loaded but not tied down.

Someone had added a wooden deck bed on the back but the boards were only nailed down, so I thought it would be best if I removed all the boards that weren't really secure and tie them to the trailer with straps. I think it was about 9:30am when I got everything tied down, the money in the glove box and the Honda locked. Nice doing business with a trusting person. I didn't even get to meet him (he had to be at work), I only got to talk with him on the phone.

Headed south on Hwy 75 toward Topeka, Ks. While enroute I called Mike Collins in Edmond, Ok. I thought I'd stop by and visit with him briefly since it was on the way. Mike was home and was going to be around when I would be going through Edmond. I got there about 4:30 pm and we visited for about an hour and a half. We could have visited of hours but I had to get back on the road. I had made a reservation at the La Quinta in Amarillo so I needed to be there before midnight. I did make it before midnight and got a pretty good nights rest. 

I was up by 5 am. Ate breakfats at Denny's which was right next to the motel and got on the road by 6:15 am. Stopped in Lubbock to get diesel at Sam's. Made it home by 9 am. 

I finished stripping all the wood off the bed and unloaded the truck. 

Now I'm gonna rest..........

Until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment