Thursday, February 23, 2012

Concrete Sunrays......

Poured one ray yesterday. It only took an hour to mix the concrete and pour. I worked it a couple of times an hour so later, then broomed it. I think it turned out pretty good.


Washing off some tools.



Needing to screed and get it level.


Tougher to do by yourself.


Nearly leveled off.





Got it finished before lunch. Patsi and I went to Hobbs and to run a few errands. I had some new glasses I needed to pick up and we ended up buying some 'copperas' to stain the new concrete. But before we stain, I still have three more pours to do. We had sizzler nachos at Luna's for lunch. You can't go wrong with sizzler nachos for a quick lunch.


It's beginning to look a little different, but we still have a ton of work to do. The plan is to come off of the RV shed roof about 5' out from the greenhouse and cover that area. Eventually, I'll have a roof over the full width of the shop to act as a patio storage area. In addition to having quite a bit more concrete to pour, I have quite a bit of tin to put up for a roof. But like I said before.........a little at a time.




Here's two views of the second ray. Patsi helped me mix the concrete today. She was a big help. But before I pour any more, I think I'll have to take a few days off to recuperate. Seems like I forgot how taxing pouring concrete can be. I AM TIRED!!!

To top all that off, I was watering my tulips and daffodils this morning and happened to trip and ended up falling .....literally flat on my butt!! I was backing up and tripped on a rock in the sidewalk and landed flat and I mean flat, on my butt. At first I thought I'd really busted my rear (it did hurt) and was worried I'd screwed up big time, but I was able to get up and move with no pain. I'm sure I'll be pretty stiff tomorrow, but I feel lucky I didn't really get hurt.

And....I have quite a few tulips breaking through, and a bunch of daffodils. Hopefully we'll have a field of blooms in a few weeks.

Until next time.....

Overthehump

1 comment:

  1. You could have added some of concrete dye for different color rays.

    ReplyDelete